At the top of their list:
(1) Evangelical Christianity (U.S./Christian)
(2) Muslim Brotherhood (Egypt/Islam)
(3) Ultra-Orthodox (Israel/Judaism)
(4) Christian Identity (U.S./Christian)
(5) Al Quaeda (Transnational/Islam)
(6) Hamas (Palestinian/Islamist)
(7) Abu Sayyah (Philippines/Islam)
(8) Ku Klux Klan (U.S./Christian)
(9) SRI Ram Sene (India/Hinduism)
(10) Catholicism (U.S./Christian)
(11) Kahane Movement (Israel/Jewish)
(12) Army of God (U.S./Christian)
(13) Sunni Muslims (Iraq/Islam)
(14) Nation of Islam (U.S./Islam)
(15) Jewish Defence League (U.S./Judaism)
(16) Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (U.S./Mormon)
(17) Hutaree (U.S./Christian)
Well, so much for the list put out by the SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center).
The Southern Poverty Law Center might be Southern, but it does not seem to be about either “poverty” or “law.”
The SPLC has appointed itself an expert about religion, apparently. They surely know nothing about the Bible.
The Federal Government, state and local police agencies, and the U.S. Military take what the SPLC says about those it identifies as “hate groups” as Gospel Truth, for they use the SPLC materials in their training.
See the article at World Net Daily:
If the U.S. Government is dumb enough to depend on such a group for guidance, it ought to be dismantled and replaced with a conservative and Constitutional government that follows the Bill of Rights and the Bible (the source of “natural law”) as intended and recommended by our Founding Fathers.